July 8 for $10 Card II

I promised one of my stamping gals, Kristie, that when she decided what stamp set she wanted to purchase, I would make a few projects with it at a workshop so that she would have some ideas to take home with her. She decided to purchase the Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories sets.

This card uses the paper piecing technique. You stamp the image on a base piece of paper and then on another piece of paper. Cut the image out, and then layer it on top of the stamped image on the base piece. Here, the truck body is cut out of Regal Rose cardstock and glued onto the base image of Naturals Ivory.


This card is also a different style of card than our normal 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" cards. This is called a table tent or tent topper card--or something like that. Of course, I can't find it right now when I need it. At any rate, take a look at this card that inspired me, and you'll see what I mean.

These were the first two stamp sets I purchased. I made our 2005 Christmas cards with it, because it matched a little truck with a Christmas tree in the back on the little sweater vest my oldest son was going to wear for his Christmas pictures. As you can see, it's very simple! I was mass producing it, and I didn't know what I was doing yet! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: