Happy 2nd Birthday!

A very special boy is turning two this week! He is having a farm-themed birthday, so I made him this card.


For those of you who are somewhat new to stamping, many bloggers out there post weekly challenges for their fellow stampers. Some post color challenges where the idea is to create a card using a certain set of colors. Others post sketch challenges where the goal is to create a card using a specific layout.


One blog I visit, Taylored Expressions, has weekly sketch challenges posted on Fridays. I've never tried a sketch challenge or color challenge before. However, I had a specific stamp in mind that I wanted to use for this birthday card. Since I'm not very good at creating from a blank slate, I decided to give it a try. As you can see, I had to bend the rules a little since my main image was horizontally oriented instead of vertically, but I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt at a sketch challenge. I'll have to try them more often. Maybe it will help me to create from a blank slate better! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: