February 8 for $10 Workshop I

I always like to have projects at workshops that are relevant to upcoming holidays and events. Most people don't send cards for St. Patrick's Day, but I wanted to have at least one project reflect a little influence of the upcoming holiday.


Using an old sketch challenge from the Taylored Expressions blog, I created this card. I don't often create cards of my own, so this was really fun for me. I chose some coordinating patterned papers with green in them and wanted to use my Happy Hearts stamp set to create a shamrock, so the layout was the only unknown variable left. The sketch challenge provided that, and I was all set to create the rest. I'm quite proud of my card, and I've been challenged by my stampers to create another original card for the March workshop. Thanks, Ladies, for the encouraging compliments! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: