My Birthday Boy


This is my oldest son's birthday card. He turns six today. He got a red gumball machine for Christmas, and he's getting a small fish aquarium tonight for his birthday. I'll be making similar cards to use as his thank you notes.

I decided to combine the two gifts into a cute card made with the Something Sweet stamp set from the new Occasions Mini Catalog. (See the links on the right side of this page for the new Occasions Mini Catalog and all the new products and promotions information.)

I was inspired by this card by Heidi Baks in the Splitcoast Stampers gallery for this stamp set. I purchased the unmounted version of this stamp set. It's the first of the new Stampin' Up! Clear-Mount stamp sets I've used. They're cheaper and easier to store. I'll probably start purchasing these more than the traditional wood-mounted stamp sets. We'll see...

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: