Feb. 8 for $10 Workshop IV



Ok, here's the final project from the February 8 for $10 workshop. I saw these little lip balm/lip gloss holders a long time ago and always thought they'd make a cute Valentine's Day treat. Before Christmas, Kroger had a sale on Chapstick, so I bought up a bunch and put them away for this workshop. 


I originally saw the idea on Lorri Heiling's blog here. (Scroll way down to the end of the post.) You can find a link to the template there too. I adapted my measurements so that the base piece of Rose Red cardstock would be 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Then I could get four out of one sheet of cardstock. I also adapted the measurements of the scores and cuts in accordance with the measurements of a standard tube of Chapstick.

The stamp set is called "Whoo's Your Valentine?" and also contains adorable owl and train images. My youngest son loves trains, and my sister likes owls, so I'm getting plenty of use out of this set this year. Oh, and it has the cutest image in it for making lollipop treats too!

You can see the fish image is perfect for a tube of lip balm, because it says, "fishes, wishes & kisses"! What better way to keep those lips soft for kissing your valentine than some lip balm? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: